Mini Cooper – 10 Quick Facts
Brian England, Thu, Feb 06, 2014
We’ve been doing quite a few Mini Cooper blogs lately, so let’s keep the fun rolling…. Here are a few Mini Cooper facts you may not know.
The first generation covers 2003-2007. The second generation covers 2008-2013. And now there’s the “New Generation”
This New Generation has:
- All new chassis and suspension parts. They have added electronic controls so you can adjust the ride of the vehicle.
- 134 horsepower, 1.5 liter, 3 cylinder, turbo-charged engine.
- The S model has a 2.0 liter, 4 cylinder, turbo-charged engine.
- There is a new, 6 speed manual transmission available.
- Two new automatic transmissions. If you buy the navigation system, it will learn your routes and even change gears in anticipation of a sharp turn.
- Base price: $21,500 for the hatch back. Add $6k for the soft top.
- MPG 32 city/40 highway
- A stop start feature that shuts off the engine when you stop and starts it when you take off again is what gives you great gas mileage.
- The speedometer has moved from center position to right in front of driver.
- Total weigh 2550 pounds, so it’s a great bargain at $8 a pound!
Check out our Mini Cooper home page for more info, particularly on servicing a Mini Cooper.